Sunday, July 25, 2010

CraftyJC Challenge 1 - Sketch Time

Hello and welcome to the first every CraftyJC Challenge.  You don’t have to make a card to participate. All types of crafts are welcome – cards, painting on T-shirts or glass or altered beer cans :o)

We have a different challenge every month. And this month is the ever popular Sketch. And here it is. A take off point. Flip it, skew it, own it! :)

ETA: The end date is August 24th :) Join in soon! :)
CJC-1-Sketch

 
We have a wonderful sponsor Diane - Di’s Digital Downloads.

DisDigiDownloadsBanner (2)

Diane is offering FIVE digis of your choice to the winner! How sweet is that. Diane also has a FREEBIE the beginning of each month. I know I do grab it :)

The guest DT are sporting Di’s digital stamps.

 

 

First challenge calls for something special isn't it?

We have two of our very special fellow Indian crafters as Guest Designers.

And the delicious surprise I mentioned earlier is none other than Joan@Paperlicious. Yes you heard that right. When I requested Joan – whose creativity and humour I *love* – to help launch this challenge & provide an inspiration – she so wonderfully agreed immediately. Thanks a ton Joan :). Now off you go have a look at Joan's inspiration and don't forget to come right back here :)

We have Smita and Manasa - two girls we know and love. Here are their inspirations. Clink on their names to visit their blogs


Manasa Bhat
manasa

manasaIts been a recent journey of just over a year into the crafting world and I lam loving every bit of it ! It has been very exciting journey and I am still learning with every creation.

My cards most of the times have quilling on them.If not quilling then the other thing that I love to use is digital stamps since I don't own much of clear or rubber stamps.I love to layer my cards and I love using patterned paper.I was really overjoyed when I was asked to be the DT for this wonderful challenge blog...May it grow leaps and bounds and draw a lot of creativity ! Cheers everyone :) 



Smita Lakhotia

21072010377
Smita Lakhotia 
It is such an honour to be part of Indian crafters history :) Yes, of
course, this challenge blog is creating history for us.
We've all been feeling bad because we don't have access to
International supplies. But here is this beautiful blog that is making
us go back to our creative roots, to the time when we all started
crafting, when we didn't bother about supplies as much as we did about
creativity and innovation. :)
My card is an almost maiden attempt at an acetate based card. I loved
the image I've used and would like to thank Jaya and Diane for it.

 

 

Do leave some love to Joan and the Designers.

Please add your links below. If you don't have a blog - email me at mail.craftyjc(at)gmail.com


(Submissions start July 25, 2010, 5:00 am)
Link tool by inlinkz.com

15 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful surprise..Loved the DT's cards and Joan's card is just superb!
    thanks for this challenge, should be back soon with a card!
    Tejal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That is surely a great start..... Bang! Bang!Bang! Loved the first sketch & the respective takes on it... Loved the varieties by Joan & our very own lovely DT's..... Kudos to ALL!!!! Looking forward to c what my mind works on for this sketch..... :) Love u All!!!! Hugs )))

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a grt start,amazing card from dt's and joan.I am so excited to participate,will be back with my card soon:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!.. m in.. will be ready with my card soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an absolutely fantastic launch Jaya... well done girl, super!!! great inspiration... will be up wid my card soon... wats the deadline for the challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sketch! The DT creations are terrificly cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jaya!! and what a start !!

    Loved the sketch and you have two talented girls on your DT.

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all for ur comments...absolutely on cloud nine right now :)
    Hoping to see all of your creations soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yipeeee! i did it!

    PS: love the DT creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic launch,congrats dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey !! first i wud like to congratulate u and also wish u luck for the set up of a first ever Indian Card Challenge. and thank u for the opportunity, keep up d gud work!!! hugs ash....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Jaya....Keep up the good work...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!! all lovely cards!! tough competition ... :-)) ty jaya for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow dear,

    Great Collections yar.... Good Learning spot for my creations dear...

    please do follow my blog and post your valuable comments...

    Art Blog: http://yenkaivannam.blogspot.com
    Food Blog:http://preethisculinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete