Sunday, November 14, 2010

CraftyJC Challenge 4 – DT's Choice: Indian Ethnic

Heloo girls :)

If you are sad Diwali has passed by, here is something to cheer you up! Our lovely DTs for this challenge are bringing you lovely Diwali wishes to you :) again :)  Hope your Diwali was wonderful and here is to a wonderful year ahead


This theme challenge was by the winner for the 2nd challenge winner:  Kavitha.

A few months back a lovely lady called Suzana Napret sent me a lovely set of diecuts & stamped imaged to be given as a prize to a winner here. I've been hoarding it for Diwali. Thanks Suazana :)

And Sazana also has sent an awesome inspiration for us this month



I love what Suzana has created here, The wonderful stitching and the Diya shape - how original! 
Thanks Suzana for sponsoring this gift. You have a a large heart :)


Hi all, kavitha here.I am a freelance artist,love to do all kind of art works,and my wish is learn almost all the crafts in this world.I know i am to greedy,as there are thousands of art works are there in this world,but i am trying my best to learn more.So my only aim to  keep on learning new some thing,and internet and blogs are the best inspiration to learn new things.I am blessed to have my hobby as profession,i love my colorful job:)))
It's been 11/4 years of blogging now,and its been a wonderful experience so far.Got lots of friends,and loads of ideas,...my latest craze is paper crafts,i am totally in love with making cards and scrap books.
I am really honoured   to be the part of Crafty JC challenge#4,,hats off to jaya who make this blog so wonderful and connects of all our Indian crafters together,.:)




Hi I'm Juhi...I am an electronics engineer who works with a semiconductor company at Bangalore. I discovered cardmaking almost two years ago and it has become almost an obsession now. 
I love working with bright colors. My color inspiration comes from the rich textures and colors of Indian handmade paper. Since very few scrapbooking/cardmaking products are available in India I try to make the most of locally available materials which is intimidating at times but huge fun most of the times as it helps me think out of the box. I like to combine different styles and techniques in my work, and don't usually stick to any particular style/technique for long.
I'd like to thank Jaya for giving me this opportunity to be a guest DT member this month. I hope you like my ethnic Indian card, which draws inspiration from the traditional Indian paisley pattern. I have used a stamped paisley border at the bottom to create a saree border effect. 



Hello gals, this is Dolly here.. Also known as Kishley, the name i just adore. I have blogged with that name since last 5 years, my real name came out only when people from blog world started pouring over in my offline world too. I dont mind that though :)

My love for things made with paper started very early, probably in school days. From paintings to figurines to sketching, I loved doing everything. I have created a lot of wonderful things even when there was no free access to internet or to craft supllies store. I am not too modest you see.. 

Paper crafting today has a totally different meaning now, there is so much available and so much 'inspirations' floating around. In this plethora of ideas, I'm still trying to figure out my style of working. I still love to do anything and everything when i sit down to make something. I have made elaborate cards, simple cards, bling cards, stamped cards, sketched card.. ok i hope you get the idea.. But i do know that its difficult for me to make something for a challenge. I somehow cannot make my mind to think of something in boundaries, I usually start by taking out random things and start making anything with them.. 

The card i made for this challenge has been made from old wedding invites, I have used 4 different invites to make this card, and took about 2 hours.
 Thanks Jaya for letting me on your DT team for this month. Kepp up the good work!"


Stunning Cards isn't it??? Now off you jump in and post your cards :) The last day is 30 November. Slightly extended due to the delay.

PS: Absolutely sorry for the delay in this post. I was sooo looking forward to challenge specifically. Still no internet. 

4 comments:

  1. All the inspirations are so damn awesome.... Looking forward to post my creation soon..... Hugs to all the lovely DTs.... & the host of course..... Happy Celebrations!!!!

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very honored that you invited me to participate! I hope you will show an amazing product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beautiful cards are truly inspiring ,great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ! What happened to my ENTRY???? I had entered it too, may be was the first one to.... Now I don't c it.... I am feeling sad & bad too....

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete