Friday, June 10, 2011

CraftyJC Challenge#7: An inspiration from Kavitha

The first inspiration is from lovely Kavitha. I am a big admirer of her. I am sure many of you are :)

Here is Kavitha from Kalalayaa for you. Read about her to know how much passionate she is about crafting - a lovely dose of optimism and encouragement :)




Hi friends, I am Kavitha from Chennai, a freelance artist n designer running a art school called 'Kalalayaa'. Arts and crafts and designing always fascinated me from my childhood, but from a family in which most of them prefer a medical or engineering course (is these are the only professional courses in this world??. I wonder!!!) I dint get any chance to pursue my dream till my college, except doing some craft works in school and during holiday times. As there where nobody to guide me, I dint even know that there is a course for fine arts,pity on me:((. But I had a dream of doing fashion designing, and again I dint get permission for that too. So like every other Indian girl, I did my computer science degree,lolz. But after that I really wanted to pursue my dreams badly, I joined a course for fashion designing after my degree,but after knowing stitching was the main part which I really cant do I quit that course in 6 months.That is the time I joined a painting class,and felt yes, this is my thing and very shortly it turned as my profession and since then there was no looking back.

I have been blogging for two years now,and I really love it.Blogging world and the internet taught me so much which otherwise would have taken ten more years for me to learn.Only after started blogging, I started learning things by myself, before that I use to go to classes which I feel limits you within a small circle.Yes,of course you should learn the basics from somebody, and then you can try out new techniques yourself which will make you stand out ..

I believe there is no art in this world is complete with out any mistakes,and you can never finish off a art work if you want it without a single mistakes ,but i guess the beauty of the creation lies in that.A talent of an artist lies in how well they hide the mistakes and make it look good on the whole without anybody realizes it:))).Art is a process which gets better by itself every single passing day,so what all we need to do is keep practicing.So enjoy crafting,and keep crafting all the time:))).

And here her is her super lovely card. Isn't that fabulous?

I have used digi image in my card,and this cutie pie is from bugaboo stamps. I really loved this digi as soon as I saw it,and looking forward to use it in my card, n here comes the right time.Not my usual cards with flowers and butterflies and ribbons,but I loved the effect.


The pattern papers are from basic grey n echo park, I have painted the edges with white acrylic paint,digi is colored with inktense water color pencils, the star is hand cut, sentiments using Maya road chip boards which is colored with metallic silver paints and finally some twine,button and brads to finish the card.Hope you like my card,do play along in the challenge



Absolutely loved this inspiration. Now, off you go and please leave some love to Kavitha at her blog.
And hop back here and join back in the fun new challenge #7 Digi or Doodle

Cheers,
Jaya

8 comments:

  1. So well written Kavi.Yes its sad how art was never encouraged.when I was 10 and showed a little bit of drawing aptitude I was forbidden to draw by my father as he feared I would become an artist in future!!!Thank god attitude has changed nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its always a pleasure to read about you and love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your pic and to read about you Kavi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its great to know a little more about u and your journey in the art and craft world it is truly inspiring...one has to follow one's dream to really be happy.your card is amazing all the little details and the digi is just so perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said kavi...the internet is a big boon to all of us...with so much knowledge sharing happening it is hard to imagine a world with it

    ReplyDelete