Thursday, September 8, 2011

CraftyJC Challenge #9: Inspiration from Juhi

This girl needs no introduction :) Now, does she!!
We have our next inspiration from Juhi.. a gorgeous.. well... scroll down to see what it is! :) And read a bit about her here too!

Thanks Juhi for providing this super inspiration :)

"Hi, This is Juhi from http://www.juhishandmadecards.com/.

Though I have been crafting for as far as I can remember, I took it up seriously after I got married into a joint family. I had nothing in common with the rest of the family’s interests when it came to TV viewing in our spare time. Being too bored I decided to do something else with my time and landed up crafting!

I am sure glad I did cause it has been a wonderful (and expensive :P)  journey! Since I started blogging I’ve learnt so much and made some awesome friends.

I would like to thank Jaya for giving me this opportunity to showcase my work as the guest DT; I admire her enthusiasm and enterprising spirit for setting up the first challenge blog in India.

For my DT project I’ve recycled a wooden partitioned box (it came as the packaging for a set of wooden alphabets).



I’ve made something on the lines of Tim Holtz/Maya Road dimensional shadow boxes (ofcourse those are much bigger than this; each partition in mine measures aprrox 1x1.25inches).

I painted the box yellow with some acrylic paint and used various knick knacks, trinkets, buttons, sea shells, broken earrings, pendants, scrap paper die-cuts etc to decorate it. The roses and butterflies are die-cuts from an old magazine; they’ve been colored with some smooch spritz and walnut ink.



I’ve put it up on my PC with the help of some magnetic tape.  I had so much fun making this….looking forward to see what you come up with!"


How super cute is that!! LOVED it! Thanks sooo much Juhi for this gorgeous inspiration. You rock girl, and how!

Please drop in on Juhi's blog and leave her some love..

And come back over here and play along at the take on this fun new Challenge Recyle.

Cheers,
Jaya

3 comments:

  1. Hi Juhi...absolutely amazing project!! and nice to know some more about you.You are the first person and the adviser to make me create my own blog..and i ll be always very thankful to you for all those initial tips you used to give me through emails.I always admire you for your work Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Juhi. I thin i just might copy paste what Archana wrote!! Thanks for everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many different elements to look at! Awesome

    ReplyDelete